Re: getting rss content

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: getting rss content
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:33:35 +0900

> I'm new to gnus, and I've noticed that the wonderful RSS feeds that I
> was anticipating reading with gnus--have no content, just links to
> webpages, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

> I'm wondering if anyone has written some kind of fix for this--i.e. a
> small script to follow that link for you when you look at a feed item,
> and puts the content into the buffer as if it were the official feed.
> If no one has done it, I can do it and will, but I'd rather not have
> to, for obvious reasons (I don't actually have all day to blow on
> gnus).

> The actual usenet news groups...  it seems like they're heavily
> spammed, which is a bummer.

What is the value of the `mm-text-html-renderer' variable you use?
If it is `w3m', here's a quick hack that I made right now:

You can put it in your ~/.gnus.el file.  To disable or enable
this feature, type:

M-x ad-deactivate RET mm-inline-text-html-render-with-w3m RET
or
M-x ad-activate RET mm-inline-text-html-render-with-w3m RET