Re: Marking an article as read without moving

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Marking an article as read without moving
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:34:47 +0200

On 2007-07-28, Madhu <enometh@meer.net> wrote:

> | How about setting the `gnus-summary-goto-unread' variable to nil?
>
> Thanks, this helps some but really I'd like to be able to invoke both
> behaviours at any point.  Some times I want to jump to the next or
> previous unread article.  Other times I just want to operate on the
> current article and stay where I am [like saving to mbox or RMAIL does
> not automatically move to the next article --- where I `user-expect' it
> to `move to next' :)] I found the structure of the browsing code makes
> the desired behaviour surprisingly hard to achieve.

I've got this in my .gnus:

;; A keybinding for marking messages as read in the summary buffer
;; without moving
(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map [(meta d)]
  (lambda () (interactive) (gnus-summary-mark-as-read)))

Is that what you're looking for?

Greetings

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <mxp@dynalabs.de>