Re: Ubuntu reinstall + leafnode + gnus.

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Ubuntu reinstall + leafnode + gnus.
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:16:49 +0200

On Sun, Aug 05 2007, Hadron wrote:

> I kept my /home partiti on and my /var but now no new posts are
> appearing so I can only put this down to post IDs and either/or gnus
> or leafnode thinking they are further ahead than the feed from
> news.individual.net. How do I reset either Gnus (or slightly OT but
> hopefully someone here knows, leafnode) so that new posts are picked
> up?
>
> Email reply is appreciated since I'm not getting any new posts :-;

Resetting Gnus is described in (info "(gnus)Changing Servers").

But your description is not clear to me.  Did you run leafnode before?
Gnus probably only knows about leafnode (not about
news.individual.net) so you first should investigate if leafnode
(fetchnews) fetches the articles correctly.

Setting some debug option as described in
$prefix/etc/leafnode/config.example and running fetchnews with -vv or
even -vvv may help.  (leafnode2, not sure about leafnode1).  You may
ask about this on the leafnode list.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,