Re: Developing instructive material about how to use gnus for gnubies wi

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Developing instructive material about how to use gnus for gnubies with little or no experience.
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:42:09 +0200

On Mon, Oct 01 2007, thesak wrote:

> Besides the usual instructive materials, how would even more basic
> simple instructive material be prepared for gnubies to use gnus with
> little or no experience with the jargon, the lisp expressions, et al ?

The problem is that there are no volunteers for this, AFAIK.

> .
> All jargon explained in the same paragraph the jargon is used.

I don't think this is a good idea.  It would lead to repetition of
lengthy explanation at several places.  Instead, we should explain the
jargon at a single place, the first time it is used of in (info
"(gnus)Terminology"), and refer to this node when necessary.

> .
> All lisp expressions explained in the same paragraph the lisp
> expressions are used.

It would lead to repetition of lengthy explanation at several places.
There is (info "(gnus)Emacs for Heathens") and (info "(gnus)Emacs
Lisp").

> .
> All acronyms explained in the same paragraph the acronyms are used

See my answer on "jargon".

> .
> All references explained in the same paragraph the references are
> used.

Are you kidding?

> .
> Brief material that works for gnubies starting to use gnus.

Volunteers welcome.  In fact, I'd like it very much if someone would
work (again) on then Gnus setup assistant (assistant.el and *.ast in
the trunk).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,