Unticking

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Unticking
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:23:42 +0200

Hi list,

AFAIK the only way to untick an article in the Summary buffer is via
'clear-mark-*', which leaves an article marked 'unread' as well as no
longer 'ticked', so I've cobbled together this function to untick an
article in the Summary buffer but leave the article marked 'read':

 (defun gnus-summary-untick-forward ()
   (interactive)
   (let ((gnus-summary-goto-unread 'never))
     (gnus-summary-clear-mark-forward 1)
     (gnus-summary-prev-article)
     ;;this is affected by the value of gnus-summary-goto-unread
     (gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward 1)))

It's a horrible kludge but it basically works, except when point is on
the last message in the Summary buffer.

I'm slightly surprised there's no such function already, but in the
meantime, how can I check to see if point is on the last message?

Sebastian