Password problem while FTP editing

From: Feng Liu
Subject: Password problem while FTP editing
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:28:53 -0600

Hi. When I use C-x C-f /ftp:ftpuser@you.ftp.matchine:<RET> to edit my
files on remote server, Emacs asks me my password of my account on the
remote server when I save file. I've tried to set my password in both
~/.netrc file and ~/.authinfo file. But it doesn't work. Is there any
other way to let Emacs keep my password for me?

What's worse is after the first time I succeeded editing files on remote
server, Emacs runs a bunch of commands about remote editing everytime it
starts. It also asks my password then. That's a big trouble of mine. :-(
Any method to deal with it?

--
http://twitter.com/liufeng