Re: tags, keywords, annotations

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: tags, keywords, annotations
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:34:31 +0000

Hi Ted,

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> B> IIRC Ted Zlatanov proposed to store labels/tags like todo/waiting/done
> B> thru the gnus-registry.  Hopefully for 2008.
>
> It's done on the backend, but I need to do the following (no time yet):
>
> - provide good frontend functionality (set/delete/list tags, plus some
>   way to see the tags in the summary view).  This is 50% done.

I'm really looking forward this.

I'm using org-mode to integrate my Gnus emails into my workflow.  For
now, I'm just calling `org-remember' in the summary buffer: it adds a
reference to the email in my Org file -- which is fine, most of the
time.

For me, a better system would be one that lets me add a TODO label to
the email, then let an org-mode task refer to all TODO labeled emails.

I'm quite acquainted with Org.el and could perhaps help in making it
aware of gnus-registry labels.

> B> BTW, gnus-bookmark.el has been in the CVS for a while now, but there
> B> is nothing on it in the Gnus manual.  If people request it, I might
> B> work on it this month.  Some keybindings and menu items would be
> B> also great.
>
> As an aside, you or someone else could easily integrate gnus-bookmark.el
> with the Gnus registry (it seems that it uses a special file now).  The
> registry allows you to store arbitrary data associated with a message
> ID, so you could have a 'bookmark extra data entry.  Let me know if
> you're interested and I'll help you any way I can.

Good idea.  I'll work on gnus-bookmark this week-end, I let you know if
I need help about the latest functions in gnus-registry.el.

Thanks!

--
Bastien