Re: Washing html

From: Pete Axon
Subject: Re: Washing html
Date: 23 Jan 2008 21:19:14 +1100

Anton Kulchitsky <mango@kulchitsky.org> writes:

> Pete Axon <paxon@bigblue.net.au> writes:
>
> > Anton Kulchitsky <mango@kulchitsky.org> writes:

> >> Try
> >>
> >>   (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
> > I already had that set.
> >
> >> in your .gnus file. If you have no w3m-emacs and you have only w3m in
> >> your system, then you may try just 'w3m-standalone instead. Some might
> >> dislike w3m-emacs. If you have more questions then try
> >>
> >> C-h v mm-text-html-renderer
> > This gives me a ``not documented as a variable'' message
> Did you try it in gnus? This variable is not defined in lisp mode
> where you possibly tried it editing .gnus. Try C-h v in gnus for this
> variable. It should help.
Yes I did try it while in the gnus *Group* buffer. Maybe, as Katsumi
says, I need to upgrade gnus.

Here is what I have in my .emacs file
;; w3m
(require 'w3m-load)
; Use w3m to browse urls
(setq browse-url-browser-function 'w3m)

and this is in my .gnus file
;; Use w3m to display html
(setq gnus-button-url 'browse-url-generic)
(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
(setq mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
(setq mm-inline-large-images t)

> Sorry that it did not help though. It should not use w3 if you did not
> set this somehow. Did you try w3m-standalone?
I did try that as suggested, no good though.