Re: Do not let spam-trap go hungry! Your (normal) posts may help! :-)

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: Do not let spam-trap go hungry! Your (normal) posts may help! :-)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:53:42 +0100

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:45:57 +0100, Andrzej wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
>>> How do you make sure that two different users don't pick the same
>>> prefix ("gnus", ...)?
>
>> Even if they do then gnus *is* prepared to handle multiple users in the
>> same host domain.
>
> I think you are missing the point - it has nothing to do with what Gnus
> can handle and everything to do with the definition of Message-Ids (see
> section 3.6.4 of rfc2822, <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt>).

It *suggests* using the host "own name" in message-id as recommended
*sample* practice As I can see it *IS NOT* "MUST" mode (or even "SHOULD" mode).

>> Do you insult gnus design *intentionally*?
>
> Whoa, cool down, cowboy. Take a step back. Take a breath. Look at who
> you are talking to - before you make too much more of a fool of yourself.
>
> For more, see, for instance:
>  <http://quimby.gnus.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnus/ChangeLog?rev=7.112>

It was an unmarked irony.

>> fsf.hobby-site.com is under my control.
>
> Good :-)

Have you missed "WHY" I ask for it part of my post?
[ *or* Have you assumed/suspected "no good" intentions? :-) ]

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began