Displaying new messages

From: Marcus Harnisch
Subject: Displaying new messages
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:42:49 +0200

Hi all

One question that I've been wanting to ask for years is about
displaying new articles in a group.

When I select a group and that group is of rather high volume, Gnus
asks me how many messages I would like to see. I could play it safe
and choose a number that is "likely" higher than the number of
messages I might have missed, which might be difficult to guess.

Is there any way to tell Gnus to display all messages that have hit
the server since last time I was reading this group (up to another
configurable limit -- I might not have read the group in the past
decade)? Alternatively, displaying every message newer than the last
read message, would be OK, too.

Thanks
Marcus