Re: Autmatically add Gcc field when using gnus-summary-resend-message-ed

From: Nicolas KOWALSKI
Subject: Re: Autmatically add Gcc field when using gnus-summary-resend-message-edit ?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 09:49:10 +0200

> On Sun, May 04 2008, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to automatically add the Gcc header coming from my
>> posting-styles settings when using gnus-summary-resend-message-edit
>> (`S D e' in the summary buffer)?
>
> This bug has been fixed one year ago:
>
> ,----[ ChangeLog ]
> | 2007-04-23  Katsumi Yamaoka  <yamaoka@jpl.org>
> |
> |     * gnus-msg.el (gnus-summary-resend-message-edit): Add Gcc header.
> |     (gnus-summary-resend-bounced-mail): Ditto; search whole body for parent
> |     article's Message-ID; refer parent article in summary buffer.
> `----
>
> I'd suggest not to use outdated CVS versions like No Gnus 0.6.  As you
> use Emacs 21, I'd suggest to upgrade to No Gnus v0.8, because 0.10 and
> current CVS HEAD won't compile with Emacs 21, cf.
> <http://thread.gmane.org/03bq3mfg6b.fsf%40msgid.viggen.net>.

I just upgraded my gnus copy, but it does not work better. I tested
using a group (INBOX) for which Gcc header is always added my I compose
(or reply to) a message.

My posting styles are defined as:

;;
;; Posting-styles, based on current group
;;

(setq
 gnus-posting-styles
 '(

   ;;
   ;; Default (also used when no group is selected)
   ;; - gmail address
   ;; - record copy into INBOX
   ;;
   ("^"
    (address "nicolas.kowalski@gmail.com")
    ("Gcc" "nnimap:INBOX")
    )

   ;;
   ;; Mailing-lists/Newsgroups
   ;; - home address
   ;; - disable Bcc/Gcc because mail/post will come back to us
   ;;
   ("^nnimap:list"
    ("Bcc" nil)
    ("Gcc" nil)