Re: Marking spam with GMail

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Marking spam with GMail
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:15:35 +0200

pocm@soton.ac.uk (Paulo Jorge de O. C. de Matos) writes:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 11 May 2008 14:02:04 +0100 pocm@soton.ac.uk (Paulo Jorge de O. C. de
>> Matos) wrote:
>>
>> I think in GMail, moving to a folder is the same as tagging a message.
>> So yes, moving to the spam folder is the same as marking the message as
>> spam.  Can you try that?
>>

> Unfortunately it seems gmail doesn't offer you the possibility to
> subscribe the spam folder, not even the sent mail folder so I guess
> there's no way to do it, unless you use a local spam filter to remove
> whatever spam gmail let through. :(

I think it's Gnus who's not allowing you to subscribe: square brackets
in group names are by default disallowed. Changing
gnus-ignored-newsgroups to something like (compare with your current
value):

  (setq gnus-ignored-newsgroups

should let you subscribe to any gmail group (it works here, at least).

HTH,
jao
--
They say when you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear satanic
messages...but that's nothing, if you play it forward it will install