Re: Ubuntu/Emacs22/Gnus

From: Peter Smerdon
Subject: Re: Ubuntu/Emacs22/Gnus
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:04:44 -0400

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

>   >> PS  It is hard to believe that Ubuntu doesn't support Emacs22/Gnus ...
>   >> that combo contains two of my *most used* applications ...
>
>   dak> Why don't you just use the Gnus that is part of Emacs 22?
>
> That's what I did the first time ... it didn't work ...
>
> Are you using it?  What version is it?
>
>   -Kenneth

Kenneth, FWIW, I used the Gnus version bundled with the ubuntu emacs22
package with no problems, and am currently using the ubuntu
emacs-snapshot package, which also contains gnus, again with no
problems. As dak pointed out there seems to be no need now to install a
stand alone gnus, the tramp package I think also falls into this
category.

--

Peter.