Gnus and Lotus Notes issues

From: Marcus Harnisch
Subject: Gnus and Lotus Notes issues
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:51:10 +0100

Hi all

I use Gnus (nnimap) and IMAP served by Lotus Notes (thanks for your
compassion), and have some issues:

1. Sometime Notes seems to generate messages (e.g. bounced mail) that
   are not in proper email format. This seems to break Gnus' parser
   (sometimes -- apparently -- hard enough to force me to quit XEmacs,
   although this could likely be another issue, which I am
   investigating).

2. While I can delete the offending messages via Notes client, Gnus
   (agent?) seems to have stored enough information about it so that
   whenever I use the key sequence "/ o <num>", where <num> is big
   enough to trigger the message again, returns a message saying "In
   imap-parse-body 2".

Is there an easy way to purge Gnus' and Gnus agent's information
storage about whether or not a message still exists? Such that
*before* trying to parse it, Gnus checks with the server.

XEmacs 21.5  (beta28) "fuki"  [Lucid] (i586-pc-win32, Mule) of Sun Oct 12 2008
on VSHELTON-PC2
Gnus v5.10.8

Thanks
Marcus

PS: Thunderbird uses a different approach. It silently drops these
messages 8-) Not sure which way is better...