Re: bbdb and storing emails

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: bbdb and storing emails
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:36:06 +0100

David <de_bb@arcor.de> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>> I already use procmail so could theoretically use that but it means
>> messing with system files on my mailserver. Ideally I would manage it
>> from my bbdb.
>
> You can use the gnus-private field to split mails according to the field
> gnus-private:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SplitMailUsingBbdb
>
> Since I retired Gnus mail splitting in favor of procmail on my mail
> server, I'm now happily using this
>
> http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/emacs/niko-bbdb-split.el

***

> to generate procmail rules based on the BBDB gnus-private
> fields. Together with Tramp, it automatically creates a procmail rules
> file on the mail server via ssh, which is included in my .procmailrc.
>
> -David

***

I will look into it. Thanks.

But, a bit the worse for wear, I did laugh reading it (***). If one did not
have familiarity with things the buzz words would frighten someone off
this area for life :-;

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation