creating convenient redo

From: Daneel Yaitskov
Subject: creating convenient redo
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:16:37 +0300

Hi,

It's strange Emacs is such powerful environment for production of the texts.
And It has the weak backuping tools. Vim's tools is more effective.
Vim supports not only operations: the undo and the redo, and the group
of the operations for traverse of condition B-tree.
I don't need the Vim's power. I never used it, but I'd like to have
a more convient command for redo than standard one.
May be I don't know something but only way to make the redo operation is
take the undo function to the negative arugment. Besides, This works
not everyware.

M-- M-1 C-_ sometimes works, but it is cumbersomely.

I have redefined C-z as (lambda () (undo -1)) but it doesn't work.

Are there minor-modes which extends this functionality into Emacs?

Daneel Yaistkov