nnimap error on empty folders

From: Dave Jennings
Subject: nnimap error on empty folders
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:16:27 +0000

Hi all,

When using nnimap to connect to an imap server it crashes with the error:

wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p

Some digging in the debug logs shows that this happens whenever it
encounters an empty folder. For instance, this is the nnimap-debug at the
point of crashing:

| 2 -> nnimap-find-minmax-uid: group="Outbox" examine=examine

and this is the imap-debug log:

| | 3 <- imap-mailbox-select: "Outbox"
| | 3 -> imap-mailbox-get: propname=exists mailbox=nil buffer=nil
| | 3 <- imap-mailbox-get: nil

It's the 'image-mailbox-get: nil' part that seems to be causing the problem.
The previous mailbox gave:

| | 3 <- imap-mailbox-select: "Plan"
| | 3 -> imap-mailbox-get: propname=exists mailbox=nil buffer=nil
| | 3 <- imap-mailbox-get: 7

This happens with any empty mailbox. If I drop an email into the offending
mailbox then it gets past that one. Unfortunately that solution won't work
for Outbox since my other clients will try to send anything that's there.

Are there any work-arounds or solutions to this problem? Is this a known
problem?

The server is running the Zarafa imap implementation. I don't know if that
affects things.

Thanks,

Dave