Unsubscribed nnrss groups don't get new mail

From: Ross Patterson
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:04:46 -0800

My gnus usage has finally become significant enough that I recently
undertook for finally understand levels and how they interact with
checking for new news.  I hit the info pages and then unsubscribed a
bunch of my less critical groups to improve mail checking speed.

I've hit a wall, however, with my nnrss groups.  Specifically, they
don't get updated/checked when I check for new news, such as when I do
"6 g" in the group buffer.

Is this expected behavior?  If so, is there a way to have my nnrss
groups *not* checked by default but still check them all at once when I
specify?

If it's not expected behavior, I'll file a bug.

No Gnus v0.11
GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of
2009-02-10 on iridium, modified by Debian

Ross