Re: Emacs/Gnus: About simple after things :-) [was: GNUS and imap]

From: poppyer
Subject: Re: Emacs/Gnus: About simple after things :-) [was: GNUS and imap]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:48:23 +0800

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

: On 2009-03-19 02:37 +0000, poppyer wrote:
:> The only thing I am missing in nnimap (of gnus) is that I can not
:> preview the email by partial downloading. A typical scenario is when I
:> got a email with 2M attachments, I can only read the few lines of text
:> after I download all the 2M attachments, which is very very slow...
:
: This seems very interesting. Do you know about any email clients that
: provide imap preview?

I am not sure about other email clients (such as Thunderbird), need to
be tried. But partial downloading is supported by the FETCH command in
IMAP RFC.

This thread (two years ago) gives some clues:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/62566/focus=62654

I am not sure if there is any following works.