Re: Splitting multiple IMAP INBOXes differently

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Splitting multiple IMAP INBOXes differently
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:36:22 +0200

Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@myxomop.com> writes:

Hi Alexander,

> What should be the most straight way to set up splitting of multiple
> IMAP INBOXes of multiple servers differently. Probably I want to split
> only one server's, or both but keep rules separated. What does
> nnimap-split-inbox means?

If you set it to "INBOX" then only mail that appears in that folder is
subject to splitting.  You can also set it to a list of mailboxes, if
you want.

> These mailboxes are tried on all servers?

I think so.  But there's

,----[ (info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting") ]
|      To allow for different split rules on different virtual servers,
|      and even different split rules in different inboxes on the same
|      server, the syntax of this variable have been extended along the
|      lines of:
|
|           (setq nnimap-split-rule
|                 '(("my1server"    (".*" (("ding"    "ding@gnus.org")
|                                          ("junk"    "From:.*Simon"))))
|                   ("my2server"    ("INBOX" nnimap-split-fancy))
|                   ("my[34]server" (".*" (("private" "To:.*Simon")
|                                          ("junk"    my-junk-func))))))
`----

I don't know if that has an equivalent fancy split method.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.