Re: pgg-default-user-id with more than one UID

From: Suno Ano
Subject: Re: pgg-default-user-id with more than one UID
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:56:34 +0200

 Daiki> You seem to use Emacs 23.0.91 shipped with EasyPG (aka epg), the
 Daiki> successor of pgg.

Yes, I am on Debian sid and I use the snapshot package provided by
http://emacs.orebokech.com/ i.e.

,----[ C-h v emacs-version RET ]
| emacs-version is a variable defined in `version.el'.
| Its value is "23.0.91.1"
|
| Documentation:
| Version numbers of this version of Emacs.
|
| [back]
`----

 Daiki> Since Gnus attempts to use epg if available, pgg settings are
 Daiki> ignored for PGP/MIME. Check the value of mml2015-use.

ok, here it is

,----[ C-h v mml2015-use RET ]
| mml2015-use is a variable defined in `mml2015.el'.
| Its value is epg
|
| Documentation:
| The package used for PGP/MIME.
| Valid packages include `epg', `pgg', `gpg' and `mailcrypt'.
|
| [back]
`----

 Daiki> Fwiw, selecting encryption key is a FAQ even for epg -- I've
 Daiki> posted an example setting to this list:
 Daiki> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/8506

 Daiki> Though this selects encryption keys by the "From:" header, it
 Daiki> can easily be adapted to posting-styles.

Well, here is the problem, I am not exactly skilled with elisp but I
could definitely work things out with a bit documentation on the matter.

Anyways, I am glad++ you answered because a lot of folks seem to run
into that problem but then either give up after trying numerous times to
work it out with pgg (which is wrong as we/I know now; should be epg) or
simply do not start signing/encrypting their messages at all even they
know it is epg they need to look at.

I also agree with Richard on the fact that there is no decent piece of
docu/information about the fact

 - that it is not pgg but epg one should look into plus
 - no docu about setting up signing with epg at all; all I found is this
   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EasyPG

Daiki, do you think you could provide an example for switching keys
based on their key ID and using gnus-parameters? That would be awesome!