Re: gnus version numbering

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus version numbering
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:20:33 +0200

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:55:29 +0100, Paul wrote:

> How does the version numbering work, and what on Earth is 'No Gnus'?

No Gnus is the name of the current development version of Gnus. Previous
codenames include "Oort Gnus", "Pterodactyl Gnus", "Quassia Gnus", etc.

You can read more about it in the manual, or perhaps in a copy of the
manual available on www:

  http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_351.html

> The manuals seem to refer to different verions (the monolithic pdf to
> No-Gnus v 0.11, and the illustrated pdf to Gnus v5.10). I appear to have
> v 5.13. What is the latest version?

> confused....

Don't worry, it is slightly complicated.

If I am not mistaken, then you can find an article by Reiner Steib
explaining the current thinking on the developement list somewhere;
something like:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/66561

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "En fjern transistor stiller ind på Kalundborg"              Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk