Re: "archive server"

From: harven
Subject: Re: "archive server"
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:35:47 +0200

kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) writes:

> gnus.el:
> =============================
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods (quote ((nnimap "mail.eranet.pl"
> (nnimap-stream ssl)) (nnimap "localhost"))))
>
> (setq gnus-message-archive-method (quote (nnimap "localhost")))
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group (quote ((if (message-news-p) "Sent/usenet"
> "Sent"))))
> =============================
>
> Why Gnus *always* create directory ~/Mail/archive, and server:
>   {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
> how can I get rid of them (server & directory) ?

I had the same problem a few months ago. It seems to be related to
a previous method of archiving, may be the default one, which relies
on this archive directory. You probably removed the corresponding code
from your .gnus file at some point, but the server is still there and
regenerates the archive directory at startup. Here is what I did to get rid
of it:

First delete the archive directory.
Then go to  the *server* buffer (type ^ in the *group* buffer)
and kill the {nnfolder:archive} (type k in front of the corresponding line)
Restart, the archive folder won't be created.

Hope that helps