Re: Gnus on Emacs-CVS

From: Atul
Subject: Re: Gnus on Emacs-CVS
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am adding some more info to my earlier problem report. In case,
anyone knows a work around, could you please let me know..

Emacs version: (built from CVS): GNU Emacs 23.0.92.1 (powerpc-unknown-
linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2009-04-26

I used to access mail+news earlier on Emacs snapshot and it used to
work fine. But now Gnus errors out saying:

"nnimap: Checking mailboxes...
nnimap: Mailbox INBOX.compsys modified
nnimap-find-minmax-uid: Symbol's function definition is void: imap-
fetch-safe"

I set the nnimap-debug variable to t and then tried again. I guess the
following shows where Gnus exactly gets stuck:

"======================================================================
1 -> nnimap-server-opened: server="few"
1 <- nnimap-server-opened: t
1 -> nnimap-retrieve-groups: groups=("INBOX.few" "INBOX.misc"
"INBOX.compsys") server="few"
| 2 -> nnimap-possibly-change-server: server="few"
| 2 <- nnimap-possibly-change-server: " *nnimap* few"
| 2 -> nnimap-before-find-minmax-bugworkaround:
| 2 <- nnimap-before-find-minmax-bugworkaround: t
| 2 -> nnimap-find-minmax-uid: group="INBOX.compsys" examine=examine
"

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or knows a workaround,
please let me know..

Atul