Re: Opening more than one article buffer

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Opening more than one article buffer
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:01:58 +0200

>>    does anyone know if and how it is possible to have several *Article*
>>    buffers open at the same time?
>>    Sometimes I want to review a couple of posts/emails simultaneously.
>
> Try stickin' something like this in your .gnus:
>
>   ; Display each article in it's own buffer (so that one can read
>   ; several groups at the same time):
>   (setq gnus-single-article-buffer nil)

With this you will still have only one article buffer per group.  But
you can make as many sticky article buffers as you want.

,----
| A S runs the command gnus-sticky-article, which is an interactive compiled
Lisp
| function in `gnus-art.el'.
|
| It is bound to A S, <menu-bar> <Article> <Make article buffer sticky>.
|
| (gnus-sticky-article arg)
|
| Make the current article sticky.
| If a prefix arg is given, ask for a name for this sticky article buffer.
`----

But be aware of the fact, that a sticky article buffer doesn't have a
real relation to the original article, so you cannot reply or follow up
from it.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
People sometimes  ask me if it  is a sin in  the Church of  Emacs to use
vi. Using a free  version of vi is not a sin; it  is a penance. So happy