Playing mp3 attachment from article buffer in windows

From: Paul Mead
Subject: Playing mp3 attachment from article buffer in windows
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:05:56 +0100

Hi, I hope someone can help with this.

I have an mp3 in my gmail inbox, which I access using imap in gnus. It's
a voicemail message.

Is there a way of directly playing that mp3 from gnus running on
windows? I have tried piping the file through cygstart, but that doesn't
work. I also tried piping through 'wmplayer' but that failed too!

I'd rather not have to save the file to disk then manually open it
through a media player, so does anyone know another way?

Thanks
Paul