Re: new again, list all groups

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: new again, list all groups
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 20:54:08 +0300

On Fri, 01 May 2009 18:11:55 +0300, mihamina@rktmb.org (Rakotomandimby (R12y)
Mihamina) wrote:
> Hi all,
> Using Gnus 5.11 Emacs 21.4
> I set up my gnus to read NNTP newsgroups.
> The server seems OK, I get just this group and 3 others.
>
> How could I get the list of all available groups on this server?

You can use `A a' to search for patterns in the list of all groups, or
you can type `A A' to see a list of *all* the "active" groups on your
current NNTP server.

One thing that is important to know is that that the `A A' command will
have to download the list of all groups from the remote NNTP server.
This may take quite some time if you are behind a slow-ish connection,
so please use with care.

The Gnus manual includes even more group-related commands in the section
`Listing Groups'.  You can open this section directly through the Index
of the manual by typing `C-h i m Gnus RET i group listing RET'.

Have fun with your new Gnus installation, and please feel free to post
any other questions here.  I think this is one of the reasons why the
group is auto-subscribed; so that new users will find it easily and get
help from more experienced Gnus users :-)