Automatically call `gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group' after `gnus-grou

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Automatically call `gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group' after `gnus-group-get-new-news'
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:57:10 +1000

G'day.

For various reasons far too annoying to go into right now, mostly relating to
nnimap and offlineimap, it would be very nice to be able to automatically call
`gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group' after `gnus-group-get-new-news' ran.

Specifically, I have a short list of groups that I would like this applied to;
my problem is that this doesn't really seem to be a software-targeted
interface, and the component parts look quite low level.

Specifically, the part I want to achieve is to have nnimap resync flags with
the IMAP server[1] so that my Gnus "read" flags are updated to match the IMAP
flags.  (IMAP gets "read" set on some mail automagically in the background.)

So, can anyone advise on how best to achieve this?  I have no fear of writing
code, just a general interest in cutting short the time I have to spend
reading the back-end code to learn what I need to call. ;)

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Which is local, so I am not concerned about turn-around time or anything.

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707