Re: Emacs 23.1 and sending email through msmtp

From: Merciadri Luca
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 and sending email through msmtp
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 04:21:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 1, 8:40 am, Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Merciadri Luca <merciadril...@gmail.com> writes:
> > On 31 juil, 04:07, Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snipped 17 lines]
>

> > Do you want to answer to
> >http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.gnus/browse_thread/thread/ac...
> > ?
>
> Sorry, I can't help with that.  But have you tried to send an email
> with a different email client and check whether it is faster?  If I'm
> sending mail through msmtp, Gnus does wait for about 10 secs before UI
> is accessible again and this is on Windows?
>
>  sivaram
>  --

Thanks for your answer. When I use e.g. Thunderbird, there is no
problem. Like me, you seem to sometimes have problems with a
``freeze'' of Gnus, as it waits a (very) long time before sending the
mail. On my PC, Gnus sometimes uses mail, sometimes uses smtp (in
``msmtp,'' does the ``m'' stands for ``Microsoft,'' as you seem to
work under Windows?), and it now works 3/4 of the time, but it
sometimes does not work, and I am not warned about this. It is a real
problem, as I have to transfer all mails I send to me, to be sure that
they have been correctly received: if I receive my copy, the other
person should have received his copy.