Re: Old article/thread entry in summary

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Old article/thread entry in summary
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:36:52 -0500

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:13:36 +0200 Hexis <hexis@hex.is> wrote:
blah> I am new with gnus.
blah> I set it up yesterday and I can't find the answer for keeping read
blah> articles/thred in the summary.
blah> I found that I have to C-u before entering a group (and typing the
blah> number of articles to fetch) but now I want to set it as default
blah> behavior.
blah> None of these settings seems to work in my ~/.gnus :

blah> ;;(setq gnus-summary-insert-old-articles 't)
blah> ;;(gnus-summary-insert-old-articles)
blah> ;;(setq gnus-fetch-old-headers xxxx)  (where xxx is a given number)

Usually you'd mark the articles or threads as ticked (`!' is the usual
keyboard shortcut).  Then they won't go away after they've been read.

In addition, you can bring back pieces of a thread with `^' (parent
article) or `A T' (whole thread).  Explore the Gnus menus for more
related operations.

Is this what you need?  Or do you really want to always see old
articles?

Ted