Gnus agent IO error: Is a directory

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Gnus agent IO error: Is a directory
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:08:26 +0300

I have tried to use Gnus agent a couple of times but so far it hasn't
been exactly a pleasant experience. I have pretty much default settings
and all my nntp servers are agentized. Now, in Group buffer I go plugged
(Jj), check new news (g), download them (Js) and go unplugged (Jj)
again. Fine.

Then I enter some group and read news. When exiting from the Summary
buffer it gives me ugly error messages (see below). I answered "yes" to
both of those questions and got back to Group buffer. Can I get rid of
those errors? Looks like there's a bug in Gnus.

Error reading nntp marks file
/home/dtw/News/marks/news.inet.fi/comp/os/linux/misc/ ((error IO error
reading /home/dtw/News/marks/news.inet.fi/comp/os/linux/misc/: Is a
directory)). Continuing will use marks from .newsrc.eld.
Continue? (yes or no)

Could not write to /home/dtw/News/marks/news.inet.fi/comp/os/linux/misc/
((file-error Opening output file is a directory