Re: ``Quips'' in signatures

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: ``Quips'' in signatures
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:42:00 +0200

Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

>>> Of the first page brought up (10 of 987,000 results), only one even
>>> pretends to explain what a posting style is, and that one, on
>>> inspection, turns out to start in the middle of a conversation.
>
> [...]
>
>> The very first hit takes you to the gnus posting styles manual entry:
>>
>> http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_153.html
>
> Evidently it did for you, but it didn't for me, then or now.
>
>> From there it's a question of, well, reading and cross indexing ...
>
> Whatever "cross indexing" is, I suspect it would take a good deal of
> it to determine whether, & if so how, this facility would enable me

You now what : whatever. You seem not to want to read any manual, use
google or trust anyone that went before. Fine. The wonderful thing about
open source and communities is that we can make our own choices. Me? I
prefer to battle through and use what went before. If you want to
reinvent the wheel every time that is your choice and I respect that. I
wonder why you don't just write your own mail system to be honest since
looking at the manual or using google is clearly not an option for you.

Best of luck!