Re: Filtering Spam Messages With Bogofilter

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Filtering Spam Messages With Bogofilter
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:22:53 -0500

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:00:37 -0700 (PDT) Volkan YAZICI
<volkan.yazici@gmail.com> wrote:

VY> Below are spam related configurations in my ~/.emacs file.

VY>   (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
VY>   (require 'spam)

VY>   (setq
VY>    gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
VY>    '(("nnml:.*"
VY>       (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
VY>        gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))
VY>    gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("nnml:.*" "nnml:spam"))
VY>    gnus-ham-process-destinations '(("nnml:spam" "nnml:reclassify"))
VY>  (setq spam-junk-mailgroups '("nnml:spam") spam-split-group
VY> "nnml:spam")

VY> When I mark a message as spam via S x, it gets highlighted white by
VY> gnus, but I don't see any action performed by gnus to update the
VY> bogofilter spam database. I'm suspecting some missing group-exit hooks
VY> related with updating bogofilter spam database. (~/.bogofilter
VY> directory is totally empty.) Does anybody have any ideas about what I
VY> might be missing? (BTW, yes, there exists a `bogofilter' binary in the
VY> $PATH environment variable.) Any helps will be really appreciated.

Hi,

your configuration looks OK.  Can you turn up gnus-verbose to 9 and see
what's in *Messages*?

VY> OTOH, it'd be really awesome if people can share their own spam
VY> configurations too.

Mine is not exciting because it's entirely server-based, Gnus doesn't do
much besides moving articles.  I would appreciate it if you gave your
opinion about spam.el in the spam2.el thread I started just recently.

Thanks
Ted