Persistent article

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Persistent article
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:20:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to use persistent articles but it seems to no work as I
expect (as usually :).

So in a group, I made the 1000th article persistent by using '*'. So
now the 1000th article is persistent when I quit and come back to the
same group fetching the last 100 articles, I expect to see the article
I made persistent even if it's the 1000th. But as you guessed, my
persistent article is not showed in the group.

I checked that the article is saved in ~/News/cache/ directory.

So is the behaviour I described sooner the correct one ? If so what
the point of persistent article ? otherwise what did I miss ?

Thanks