Re: German news server

From: Mark T. B. Carroll
Subject: Re: German news server
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:52:47 -0400

Andrea Crotti <kerny404@gmail.com> writes:

> I moved to Germany (RWTH) for studying and I would like to go back to
> gnus, but of course my old server is not reachable  anymore...
>
> Which is the general algorithm to find suitable news servers from a
> given place??

Your institution or ISP may provide one. If you're at RWTH Aachen, I
don't think they do any more, but I could be wrong, and your department
may provide one even if the University doesn't.

As you're in Germany, you may want to take a look at
http://www.open-news-network.org/ or pay a little to
http://news.individual.net/

> I tried all the keywords I could think of but with no luck...

http://www.newzbot.com/ can be helpful, but I always like to try to make
sure I have some kind of permission to use the server. (-:

Mark