reply to mailing list

From: Stephen Leake
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 07:00:40 -0400

One of the mailing lists I read doesn't set the Reply-To header; a
typical message has headers like:

From: Timothy <tim@bogus.com>
Subject: [Monotone-devel] merging branch
To: monotone-devel <monotone-devel@nongnu.org>

Is there a way to tell Gnus that this is actually a mailing list, and
replies should go to the "To" address, without also going to the
"From" address?

The Gnus manual mentions C-c C-l "Send a message to the list only".
That seems to be defined in the message buffer. So I tried 'F C-c
C-l'. But the C-c C-l didn't do anything; no headers were created or
deleted.

Tracing thru the execution of C-c C-l, it gets to
message-make-mail-followup-to, which relies on several variables that
are all nil by default:

message-subscribed-address-file
message-subscribed-regexps
message-subscribed-addresses
message-subscribed-address-functions

I'll read thru the definitions for these and see if I can figure it
out, but there ought to be a simpler way. And the manual should
mention that C-c C-l doesn't work if one of these variables isn't set.

--
-- Stephe