Re: Gnus error: wrong type argument arrayp

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: Gnus error: wrong type argument arrayp
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 07:23:24 +0300

>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp #s(char-table type
>> generic data ()))

Katsumi> So you have at least two choices:

Katsumi> 1. Build and install "No Gnus v0.11" from the latest source
Katsumi>    that's under development and can be found in:
Katsumi>        ftp://ftp.gnus.org/pub/gnus/snapshots/

Katsumi> 2. Use the latest Gnus XEmacs package:

Katsumi> (`2' is 3.5 years older than `1'.)

Thanks! I installed the development version and the problem
disappeared. I hope I did not get any new "features" in the alpha
version. :-)

The current official release of gnus seems to be relatively old, from
April 2008:
http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/dist/
On my news server the gnus.ding group was empty, so I don't really
have an idea of the planned release schedule. Any idea of when bugfixes
like this are incorporated into the official release?

--
Jarmo Hurri