Re: Password sending mail only once

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Password sending mail only once
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:24:49 -0500

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 08:24:04 +0200 Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> wrote:

TK> Some time ago I was asked for a password when sending mail only the
TK> first time in a gnus session.  Now I am asked every time I send a
TK> mail.

TK> How can I get back to only given the password once?

TK> I prefer solutions with out storing password anywhere.  Given it once
TK> is what I prefer.

TK> I have found some info on the net but nothing I could handle with my
TK> limited skills.

I think you want to `M-x customize-group password'

Specifically, `password-cache' and `password-cache-expiry'

This is, I believe, what's used by smtpmail.el if it can't get the
password from auth-source.  I encourage you to use auth-source instead,
though.  You'd be storing the password in a PGP-encrypted file and you
can use the same file for IMAP, POP3, NNTP, etc. passwords.

Ted