Re: New issue: emails get stuck in Mail/Incoming* files

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: New issue: emails get stuck in Mail/Incoming* files
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:04:45 +0100

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Francis,

>> > but now they don't appear anymore in my Inbox group.
>
> It looks like the split process, the one which deliver each email to
> the right group is not working/called anymore.
>
> This might be due to an unexpected power-off that leads to a
> corruption of a Gnus' file or something similar.
>
> Do you have an idea, how I can debug this ?

Hm, to see where the splitting process delivered a mail, you can use
this.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail") ]
|    If you wish to see where the previous mail split put the messages,
| you can use the `M-x nnmail-split-history' command.
`----

But most probably this doesn't show anything, because you said that they
don't show up in any inbox.

I had a similar thing when upgrading from dovecot 1.1 to 1.2 (that's my
local imap server).  In 1.1, the dot was used as separator while in 1.2
it is a /.  So the old foo.bar group didn't get any new messages.  Then,
I found out that I had to enter the server buffer and subscribe to
foo/bar and friends, which contained all the new and the old mails.

But I guess you use nnml or nnmaildir, right?

Bye,
Tassilo