Re: ``You have lines longer than xx characters. Really post?''

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: ``You have lines longer than xx characters. Really post?''
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:29:03 +0530

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When posting a message on Usenet, I often receive the message
> ``You have lines longer than xx characters. Really post(y/n)?''
>
> Is there a way to break lines after xx characters in Gnus?
>
> I had already written code in the .emacs to make this, but it seems
> not to be used in Gnus. Thanks.

You could try M-q to break the line automatically.

M-q runs the command fill-paragraph, which is an interactive compiled
Lisp function in `fill.el'.

It is bound to M-q.

If justify is non-nil (interactively, with prefix argument), justify as well.
If `sentence-end-double-space' is non-nil, then period followed by one
space does not end a sentence, so don't break a line there.
The variable `fill-column' controls the width for filling.

The fill-column var decides where the line will break.

 sivaram