Re: Agent off at restart

From: harven
Subject: Re: Agent off at restart
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:56:05 +0100

Nicolas KOWALSKI <niko@petole.demisel.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded my Gnus to v5.13, using the emacs23 debian lenny
> backport.
>
> Since then, I noticed that each time I restart Gnus, my nnimap server is
> not agentized anymore. Here is what I see in the Server buffer:
>
>      {nnfolder:archive} (closed)
>      {nntp:} (opened)
>      {nnimap:} (opened)
>
> I have to re-add agent (J a), but at next start, it is lost again.
>
> My gnus-agent's value is t.
>
> My gnus-secondary-select-methods's value is
> ((nnimap ""
>          (nnimap-address "localhost"))
>  (nntp ""
>        (nntp-address "localhost")))
>

> Any idea ?

Maybe setting gnus-agent via gnus-parameters or topics-parameters, like

(setq gnus-parameters
 '(("imap.*\\|nndoc.*"       ;; select group with a regexp
    (gnus-show-threads nil)  ;; set some variable
    (gnus-agent t))))

I must say that I encountered problems with imap and gnus-agent set to t,
(deleted messages never going away from the summary buffer)
and I am not the only one, from what I can see in this newsgroup.
So I don't recommend it.