Re: Faster smarter

From: andrea
Subject: Re: Faster smarter
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:38:36 +0100

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> The old MyGnus tutorial is here:-
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusTutorial
>
> might be worth a look. In some ways section 6 might be the one to start
> with!

Good thanks I clarified a bit.
I also found some nice variables to filter for author/date etc etc in a
buffer.
The thing I still not find is how to automatically fetch always not more
than 2000 (for example) headers.

I've set the large-newsgroup variable and it asks me how many I want,
but is that possible that I can't set one value now and forever?

Scoring works somehow (I see the + when someone replies to my mails) but
sorting by scoring looks quite casual...

Another smtp related question, if I don't set any server of course it
complains.

But now I'm in a network where without configuring anything
echo "msg" | mail -s "subject" address

works fine, and it automatically takes an smtp server (I guess from MX
records of the dns database).

Can I do it also with gnus (Otherwise I have to set one smtp server with
authentication)?