Re: Own key bindings

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Own key bindings
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:19:45 +0100

>> I am still learning to cope with GNUS.
>
> It's Gnus -- GNUS is its predecessor.

I'll keep it in mind.

>>> I stumbled on something about defining your own key bindings. If I
>> remember well the idea is that you use 'v' for your own key bindings.
>> But I can not find it anymore.  Where is this described?
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Misc Group Stuff") ]
> | `v'
> |      The key `v' is reserved for users.  You can bind it to some
> |      command or better use it as a prefix key.  For example:
> |
> |           (define-key gnus-group-mode-map (kbd "v j d")
> |             (lambda ()
> |               (interactive)
> |               (gnus-group-jump-to-group "nndraft:drafts")))
> |
> |      On keys reserved for users in Emacs and on keybindings in general
> |      *Note Keymaps: (emacs)Keymaps.
> `----
>
> BTW: I've found that entry in 10 seconds like this.
>
>      C-h i             ;; open info
>      m gnus RET        ;; visit the Gnus docs
>      C-s `v' C-s C-s   ;; Search for `v', repeat 2 times

Thanks. In my version (Gnus v5.11) 'v' is not found, but I should try
info more often as Google.

The first key binding I defined is:
    (define-key gnus-group-mode-map (kbd "v f")
      (lambda ()
        (interactive)
        (beginning-of-buffer)
        (gnus-group-next-unread-group 1)))

So with 'v f' I go to the first unread group.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer