Re: Some useful key bindings

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Some useful key bindings
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:31:33 -0600

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:52:28 +0100 Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> wrote:

CW> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> This is nice and useful.  You could make it a Gnus add-on (living under
>> contrib/) if you make the compact and important topic lists
>> customizable.

CW> Did not even think about that, but maybe that is not a bad idea. Maybe
CW> it should be made even more general. I think it would be useful to have
CW> more as a compact and a important list. And it would be nice if you do
CW> not have to edit your .gnus for this. But then the topics have to be
CW> saved somewhere. What is the best way to do this?

The topics are already saved in the Gnus newsrc.eld file.  You just need
to associate a numeric level with a topic, which Gnus can do as a topic
property and save it automatically (see gnus-topic-edit-parameters,
`G p' in the *Group* buffer).  Simply, gnus-group-set-current-level (`S l')
needs to be adapted to handle topics as well.

Once that's done, your commands can become filters on the full topic
list based on each topic's level.

CW> It would be nice to have contributed to Gnus. :-D

I hope you do!

Ted