Re: iCalendar support

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: iCalendar support
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:33:48 -0600

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:56:00 +0100 Walter Franzini <walter.franzini@gmail.com>
wrote:

WF> Hi all,
WF> a couple years ago I switched back to Gnus (again) from Kmail.
WF> Everything if fine with Gnus except it's missing iCalendar support (to
WF> my knowledge).

WF> What I need:

WF> 1) nice display of the content-type text/calendar;
WF> 2) buttons to accept/decline invitations;
WF> 3) ability to trigger actions (e.g. add-event-to-planner-page).

WF> Is something similar (partially) possible with Gnus?

According to the emacs wiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/iCalendar

there is no general parser available for these but org-mode has some of
the necessary functionality.  add-event-to-planner can probably be
triggered on a .ics attachment explicitly.  I don't know enough about
iCalendar to be more useful, sorry, but I am interested in support of
iCalendar as well.

Ted