Scoring and new messages

From: Tobias Gerdin
Subject: Scoring and new messages
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:10:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I would like for newly received messages in a thread whose score I
have previously lowered (manually) to also receive this lower score
(so I won't be bothered by them). This does not seem to be the default
behavior. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Furthermore, I have one group where I automatically lower the score of
all messages (to something lower than the read threshold). Still, new
messages are listed as unread in the group buffer. However, if I enter
the group (where I can see that they are marked as low-score and
expired) and then return to the group buffer the unread count goes to
zero, without me reading any of the messages. Why is this so? Is there
any way to make the unread count go to zero without having to enter
the group?

I am using the nnimap backend and Gnus 5.13 (stock Emacs 23).

Hope that someone could shed some light onto this matters,

Regards,
Tobias