passing AUTHINFO {USER|PASS} to a foreign server

From: Giacomo Boffi
Subject: passing AUTHINFO {USER|PASS} to a foreign server
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:03:55 +0100

i have a user id and a password to connect to a nntp server
,----
| aiuole/../~ Tue Feb 23 14:53:40: tsocks telnet diesel.cu.mi.it nntp
| Trying 193.43.96.1...
| Connected to diesel.cu.mi.it.
| Escape character is '^]'.
| 201 diesel.cu.mi.it InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.3 ready (no posting).
| authinfo user xyxyxyxy
| 381 PASS required
| authinfo pass wzwzwzwz
| 281 Ok
| quit
| 205 .
| Connection closed by foreign host.
`----

i want to create some foreign group on that server, because my primary
server doesn't support a particular hierarchy

following instructions in info file i created a ~/.authinfo file,
following FAQ i put (add-hook 'nntp-server-opened-hook
'nntp-send-authinfo) in my ~/.gnus

i create the foreign group, but i cannot access it

if i "B" rowse the server, i can see a handful of groups that can be
freely accessed, but gnus apparently doesn't try to do the
authentication

what can i do next?

tia
                                                        gb
--
sapete contare fino a venticinque?
Olimpia Milano Jugoplastika Split Partizan Beograd