Re: Gnus, maildir, and nnmaildir

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Gnus, maildir, and nnmaildir
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 16:18:17 +0200

Damian <damian.only@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> After two days of futile struggling with gnus, gnus manual, blogs, and
> tutorials, I decided to write to you.
>
> The situation is the following. I get my email with getmail, which
> delivers it in the ~/Maildir folder, using the maildir format.
>
> Now I would like to use maildir as a mail source, and nnmaildir as
> select method. Thus I've configured gnus in the following way:
> (setq
>  gnus-select-method '(nnmaildir "mymailbox" (directory "~/Mail/"))
>  mail-sources '((maildir :path "~/Maildir/" :subdirs ("cur" "new")))
>  mail-source-delete-incoming t
>  )
>
> But all I see is the groups
>       9: nndoc+gnus-help:gnus-help
>        *: nndraft:queue
>        *: nndraft:drafts
>
> What I'm I missing?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Damian.

I use a local imap server now, and cant find my old Maildir settings but:

Did you subscribe to your new groups? In your *Group* buffer hit "^"
then select your backend with "enter" and then subscribe to groups using
"u". If thats the solution then look into using topics too in order to
logically group your mail groups.

Why is your directory "~/Mail" above? You said your Maildir was
~/.Maildir.

And I'm not sure mail-sources is appropriate. Someone else can clarify
that hopefully.