Re: Creating folders in the imap server

From: Damian
Subject: Re: Creating folders in the imap server
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:57:39 +0200

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Damian <damian.only@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using gnus to read my mail from an imap server. I would like to
> create folders there so I can sort my mail out. But the problem is
> that the folders are created in gnus Group buffer, but they are not
> created in the server.
>
> I've tried creating folders with other email clients and it worked, so
> I'm doing something wrong with my gnus set up or the commands I am
> issuing.

It is also strange that if I create a folder X in gnus, it is not
reflected in the IMAP server. But if I move some messages to X from
gnus, and then I create a new folder from another mail client
(claws-mail in this case) a folder is created in the server but
containing the messages I moved from gnus.