Re: Technique for reading and answering to Usenet articles: how do you m

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Technique for reading and answering to Usenet articles: how do you manage to update the group buffers without needing to restart Gnus?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:51:59 +0200

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:39:27 +0200, Merciadri wrote:

> Okay, I am not a professionnal of Gnus, but my current technique for
> reading and answering to Usenet articles is to post a message, close
> Gnus, and then restart it some hours after to see if there is anything
> new.

(Why do you close Gnus?)

Pressing 'g' in the *Group* buffer will check for news in all your
groups (runs gnus-group-get-new-news).

> How can I manageto make this process at least slightly automatic?

You can make Gnus automatically check for new news after being idle for
some time by using a daemon:

 * http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_302.html#SEC302

Manually pressing 'g' is usually easier, though.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "How did someone as misanthropic as me end up in this        Adam Sjøgren
  business anyway? What the hell am I doing here?"       asjo@koldfront.dk